Twisted Testicle Home Care
Home care for a testicular torsion includes:
- Rest in bed.
- Use a scrotal support.
- Limit your activity as directed by your doctor.
- Apply a cold compress:
- Wrap ice in a moist hand towel. Do not apply ice directly to the skin.
- Apply for 20 minutes, 5 times a day, for the first few days.
- Take prescribed medications as directed.
- Care for the surgical wound as directed by your doctor.
Twisted Testicle Warning Signs
Notify your doctor for:
Continue to Twisted Testicle Outlook
- Eaton SH, Cendron MA, Estrada CR, Bauer SB, Borer JG, Cilento BG, Diamond DA, Retik AB, Peters CA. Intermittent testicular torsion: diagnostic features and management outcomes. J Urol. 2005 Oct;174(4 Pt 2):1532-5. 
- Kadish HA, Bolte RG. A retrospective review of pediatric patients with epididymitis, testicular torsion, and torsion of testicular appendages. Pediatrics. 1998 Jul;102(1 Pt 1):73-6. 
- Kapasi Z, Halliday S. Best evidence topic report. Ultrasound in the diagnosis of testicular torsion. Emerg Med J. 2005 Aug;22(8):559-60. 
- Shergill IS, Foley CL, Arya M, Bott SR, Mundy AR. Testicular torsion unravelled. Hosp Med. 2002 Aug;63(8):456-9.