Tumor of the Uterus Anatomy
To better understand uterine tumor, it helps to understand the anatomy of the uterus.
The uterus, or womb, is part of the female reproductive system. The cervix is the lowest part of the uterus. The ovaries, fallopian tubes and vagina are the other parts of the female reproductive system.
- Chen S. MRI-guided focused ultrasound treatment of uterine fibroids. Issues Emerg Health Technol. 2005 Jul;(70):1-4. 
- Diaz-Montes TP, Alberg A, Zahurak ML, Trimble EL, Bristow RE. Cancer of the uterine corpus among Hispanic women living in the United States: patterns of staging, diagnosis, and primary treatment. Gynecol Oncol. 2005 Mar;96(3):753-9. 
- Ellenson LH, Wu TC. Focus on endometrial and cervical cancer. Cancer Cell. 2004 Jun;5(6):533-8. 
- Kimura T, Kamiura S, Yamamoto T, Seino-Noda H, Ohira H, Saji F. Abnormal uterine bleeding and prognosis of endometrial cancer. Int J Gynaecol Obstet. 2004 May;85(2):145-50. 
- Lippman SA, Warner M, Samuels S, Olive D, Vercellini P, Eskenazi B. Uterine fibroids and gynecologic pain symptoms in a population-based study. Fertil Steril. 2003 Dec;80(6):1488-94. 
- Medical Letter. Uterine artery embolization for fibroids. Med Lett Drugs Ther. 2005 Apr 11;47(1206):31-2. 
- Prollius A, de Vries C, Loggenberg E, Nel M, du Plessis A, Van Rensburg DJ, Wessels PH. Uterine artery embolization for symptomatic fibroids. Int J Gynaecol Obstet. 2004 Mar;84(3):236-40. 
- Tewari KS, DiSaia PJ. Primary prevention of uterine cervix cancer: focus on vaccine history and current strategy. Obstet Gynecol Clin North Am. 2002 Dec;29(4):843-68, ix.