Tumor of the Ovary Questions For Doctor
The following are some important questions to ask before and after the treatment of ovarian cancer.
Questions to ask before treatment:
- What are my treatment options?
- Is surgery an option for me?
- What are the risks associated with treatment?
- Do I need to stay in the hospital?
- How long will I be in the hospital?
- What are the complications I should watch for?
- How long will I be on medication?
- What are the potential side effects of my medication?
- Does my medication interact with nonprescription medicines or supplements?
- Should I take my medication with food?
Questions to ask after treatment:
- Do I need to change my diet?
- When can I resume my normal activities?
- When can I return to work?
- Do I need a special exercise program?
- Will I need physical therapy?
- Will I need occupational therapy?
- What else can I do to reduce my risk of ovarian cancer complications?
- Is my daughter at risk for this condition?
- How often will I need to see my doctor for checkups?
- What local support and other resources are available?
Continue to Tumor of the Ovary Specialist
- Boente MP, Hamilton TC, Godwin AK, Buetow K, Kohler MF, Hogan WM, Berchuck A, Young RC. Early ovarian cancer: a review of its genetic and biologic factors, detection, and treatment. Curr Probl Cancer. 1996 Mar-Apr;20(2):83-137. 
- Johnston SR. Ovarian cancer: review of the National Institute for Clinical Excellence (NICE) guidance recommendations. Cancer Invest. 2004;22(5):730-42. 
- Rosen B, Kwon J, Fung Kee Fung M, Gagliardi A, Chambers A; Cancer Care Ontario's Practice Guidelines Initiative Gynecology Cancer Disease Site Group. Systematic review of management options for women with a hereditary predisposition to ovarian cancer. Gynecol Oncol. 2004 May;93(2):280-6. 
- Wolf JK, Jenkins AD. Gene therapy for ovarian cancer (review). Int J Oncol. 2002 Sep;21(3):461-8. 
- Young M, Plosker GL. Paclitaxel: a pharmacoeconomic review of its use in the treatment of ovarian cancer. Pharmacoeconomics. 2001;19(12):1227-59.