Tumor of the Brain Outlook
What to expect with a brain tumor:
- The outcome depends on the tumor, as well as the age and health of the person.
- Some benign brain tumors can turn into cancer.
- Others can recur after surgical removal or radiation therapy.
- Some of the most serious medical problems result from the tumor pressing on vital parts of the brain, and from the difficulty in surgically removing the tumor.
Continue to Tumor of the Brain Complications
- Gyure KA. Newly defined central nervous system neoplasms. Am J Clin Pathol. 2005 Jun;123 Suppl:S3-12. 
- Kreutzer J, Fahlbusch R. Diagnosis and treatment of pituitary tumors. Curr Opin Neurol. 2004 Dec;17(6):693-703. 
- Sam S, Molitch ME. The pituitary mass: diagnosis and management. Rev Endocr Metab Disord. 2005 Jan;6(1):55-62. 
- Tsai EC, Santoreneos S, Rutka JT. Tumors of the skull base in children: review of tumor types and management strategies. Neurosurg Focus. 2002 May 15;12(5):e1.