Tumor of the Brain Incidence
Facts about a brain tumor:
- Just over 12 out of 100,000 people in the US develop brain cancer each year.
- About 4 out of every 10 brain tumors are benign.
- In general, brain tumors occur more often in men than women.
- They tend to be more common in Caucasians than African Americans.
Continue to Tumor of the Brain Risk Factors
- Gyure KA. Newly defined central nervous system neoplasms. Am J Clin Pathol. 2005 Jun;123 Suppl:S3-12. 
- Kreutzer J, Fahlbusch R. Diagnosis and treatment of pituitary tumors. Curr Opin Neurol. 2004 Dec;17(6):693-703. 
- Sam S, Molitch ME. The pituitary mass: diagnosis and management. Rev Endocr Metab Disord. 2005 Jan;6(1):55-62. 
- Tsai EC, Santoreneos S, Rutka JT. Tumors of the skull base in children: review of tumor types and management strategies. Neurosurg Focus. 2002 May 15;12(5):e1.