Tumor of the Auditory Nerve Questions For Doctor
The following are some important questions to ask before and after the treatment of acoustic neuroma.
Questions to ask before treatment:
- What are my treatment options?
- Is surgery an option for me?
- What are the risks associated with treatment?
- Do I need to stay in the hospital?
- How long will I be in the hospital?
- What are the complications I should watch for?
- How long will I be on medication?
- What are the potential side effects of my medication?
- Does my medication interact with nonprescription medicines or supplements?
- Should I take my medication with food?
Questions to ask after treatment:
- Are there any medications or supplements I should avoid?
- When can I resume my normal activities?
- When can I return to work?
- Will I need speech therapy?
- Are my children at risk for this condition?
- How often will I need to see my doctor for checkups?
- What local support and other resources are available?
Continue to Tumor of the Auditory Nerve Radiation Therapy
- Flint D, Fagan P, Panarese A. Conservative management of sporadic unilateral acoustic neuromas. J Laryngol Otol. 2005 Jun;119(6):424-8. 
- Lemajic-Komazec S, Komazec Z. Initial evaluation of vertigo. Med Pregl. 2006 Nov-Dec;59(11-12):585-90. 
- Lin D, Hegarty JL, Fischbein NJ, Jackler RK. The prevalence of "incidental" acoustic neuroma. Arch Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg. 2005 Mar;131(3):241-4. 
- Myrseth E, Pedersen PH, Moller P, Lund-Johansen M. Treatment of vestibular schwannomas. Why, when and how? Acta Neurochir (Wien). 2007;149(7):647-60; discussion 660. Epub 2007 Jun 11. 
- Pogodzinski MS, Harner SG, Link MJ. Patient choice in treatment of vestibular schwannoma. Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg. 2004 May;130(5):611-6.