Tumor Brain Questions For Doctor
The following are some important questions to ask before and after the treatment of a brain tumor.
Questions to ask before treatment:
- What are my treatment options?
- Is surgery an option for me?
- What are the risks associated with treatment?
- Do I need to stay in the hospital?
- How long will I be in the hospital?
- What are the complications I should watch for?
- How long will I be on medication?
- What are the potential side effects of my medication?
- Does my medication interact with nonprescription medicines or supplements?
- Should I take my medication with food?
Questions to ask after treatment:
- Do I need to change my diet?
- Do I need to lose weight?
- Are there any medications or supplements I should avoid?
- When can I resume my normal activities?
- When can I return to work?
- Do I need a special exercise program?
- Will I need physical therapy?
- Will I need occupational therapy?
- Will I need speech therapy?
- Are my children at risk for this condition?
- How often will I need to see my doctor for checkups?
- What local support and other resources are available?
Continue to Tumor Brain Radiation Therapy
- Gyure KA. Newly defined central nervous system neoplasms. Am J Clin Pathol. 2005 Jun;123 Suppl:S3-12. 
- Kreutzer J, Fahlbusch R. Diagnosis and treatment of pituitary tumors. Curr Opin Neurol. 2004 Dec;17(6):693-703. 
- Sam S, Molitch ME. The pituitary mass: diagnosis and management. Rev Endocr Metab Disord. 2005 Jan;6(1):55-62. 
- Tsai EC, Santoreneos S, Rutka JT. Tumors of the skull base in children: review of tumor types and management strategies. Neurosurg Focus. 2002 May 15;12(5):e1.