Tuberculosis Ppd Skin Test
The diagnosis of tuberculosis can be made with a skin test, called a PPD test. A tiny amount of dead tuberculosis bacteria is injected under the skin. The test is positive after 72 hours if there is 10 mm of red, raised skin around the injection site.
Continue to Tuberculosis Treatment
- Chan ED, Heifets L, Iseman MD. Immunologic diagnosis of tuberculosis: a review. Tuber Lung Dis. 2000;80(3):131-40. 
- Marais BJ, Gie RP, Hesseling AH, Beyers N. Adult-type pulmonary tuberculosis in children 10-14 years of age. Pediatr Infect Dis J. 2005 Aug;24(8):743-4. 
- Sharma SK, Mohan A, Sharma A, Mitra DK. Miliary tuberculosis: new insights into an old disease. Lancet Infect Dis. 2005 Jul;5(7):415-30. 
- Smith KC, Armitige L, Wanger A. A review of tuberculosis: reflections on the past, present and future of a global epidemic disease. Expert Rev Anti Infect Ther. 2003 Oct;1(3):483-91. 
- Watkins RE, Brennan R, Plant AJ. Tuberculin reactivity and the risk of tuberculosis: a review. Int J Tuberc Lung Dis. 2000 Oct;4(10):895-903.