Tropical Sprue Questions For Doctor
The following are some important questions to ask before and after the treatment of tropical sprue.
Questions to ask before treatment:
- What are my treatment options?
- What are the risks associated with treatment?
- Do I need to stay in the hospital?
- How long will I be in the hospital?
- What are the complications I should watch for?
- How long will I be on medication?
- What are the potential side effects of my medication?
- Does my medication interact with nonprescription medicines or supplements?
- Should I take my medication with food?
Questions to ask after treatment:
- Do I need to change my diet?
- Are there any medications or supplements I should avoid?
- When can I resume my normal activities?
- When can I return to work?
- Do I need a special exercise program?
- What else can I do to reduce my risk for worsening tropical sprue?
- How often will I need to see my doctor for checkups?
- What local support and other resources are available?
Continue to Tropical Sprue Home Care
- Farrell JJ. Overview and diagnosis of malabsorption syndrome. Semin Gastrointest Dis. 2002 Oct;13(4):182-90. 
- Ginsburg PM, Janefalkar P, Rubin DT, Ehrenpreis ED. Malabsorption testing: a review. Curr Gastroenterol Rep. 2000 Oct;2(5):370-7. 
- Salerno G, De Franco A, La Rosa S, Calistro V. Malabsorption syndromes. Rays. 2002 Jan-Mar;27(1):19-34.