Triglycerides Elevated Questions For Doctor
The following are some important questions to ask before and after the treatment of high triglycerides.
Questions to ask before treatment:
- What are my treatment options?
- What are the risks associated with treatment?
- What are the complications I should watch for?
- How long will I be on medication?
- What are the potential side effects of my medication?
- Does my medication interact with nonprescription medicines or supplements?
- Should I take my medication with food?
Questions to ask after treatment:
Continue to Triglycerides Elevated Specialist
- Breuer HW. Hypertriglyceridemia: a review of clinical relevance and treatment options: focus on cerivastatin. Curr Med Res Opin. 2001;17(1):60-73. 
- James JS. New guidelines for avoiding heart disease by managing high cholesterol, triglycerides, or related problems in HIV. AIDS Treat News. 2003 Sep 12;(394):8. 
- Kwiterovich PO Jr. The metabolic pathways of high-density lipoprotein, low-density lipoprotein, and triglycerides: a current review. Am J Cardiol. 2000 Dec 21;86(12A):5L-10L. 
- Rapp RJ. Hypertriglyceridemia: a review beyond low-density lipoprotein. Cardiol Rev. 2002 May-Jun;10(3):163-72.