Trigger Finger Evaluation
The evaluation of a trigger finger begins with a history and physical examination of the hand.
Physical findings in someone with a trigger finger may include:
- Trigger finger:
- Finger is frozen in a partially flexed position
- Reduced range of motion of the finger
- A click can be felt in the finger as it moves
Tests are necessary to make the diagnosis of a trigger finger.
Continue to Trigger Finger Treatment
- Benson LS, Ptaszek AJ. Injection versus surgery in the treatment of trigger finger. J Hand Surg [Am]. 1997 Jan;22(1):138-44. 
- Cardon LJ, Ezaki M, Carter PR. Trigger finger in children. J Hand Surg [Am]. 1999 Nov;24(6):1156-61. 
- Finsen V, Hagen S. Surgery for trigger finger. Hand Surg. 2003 Dec;8(2):201-3.