Treatment for tremors and shakes depends on the cause. General treatment for tremors and shakes usually includes medication.
General treatment for tremors and shakes may include:
- Medication to reduce tremors:
For more information:
Physicians from the following specialties evaluate and treat tremors and shakes:
Continue to Tremor Home Care
- Ali S, Khan MA, Khealani B. Limb-shaking Transient Ischemic Attacks: case report and review of literature. BMC Neurol. 2006 Jan 26;6:5. 
- Benito-Leon J, Louis ED, Bermejo-Pareja F; Neurological Disorders in Central Spain Study Group. Elderly-onset essential tremor is associated with dementia. Neurology. 2006 May 23;66(10):1500-5. 
- Chouinard S, Louis ED, Fahn S: Agreement among movement disorder specialists on the clinical diagnosis of essential tremor. Mov Disord 1997 Nov; 12(6): 973-6. 
- Duval C, Norton L. Tremor in patients with migraine. Headache. 2006 Jun;46(6):1005-10. 
- Ferreira J, Sampaio C. Essential tremor. Clin Evid. 2005 Jun;(13):1608-21. 
- Jain S, Lo SE, Louis ED. Common misdiagnosis of a common neurological disorder: how are we misdiagnosing essential tremor? Arch Neurol. 2006 Aug;63(8):1100-4. 
- Louis ED, Ford B, Lee H: Diagnostic criteria for essential tremor: a population perspective. Arch Neurol 1998 Jun; 55(6): 823-8. 
- Louis ED, Vonsattel JP, Honig LS, Ross GW, Lyons KE, Pahwa R. Neuropathologic findings in essential tremor. Neurology. 2006 Jun 13;66(11):1756-9. 
- Wasielewski PG, Burns JM, Koller WC: Pharmacologic treatment of tremor. Mov Disord 1998; 13 Suppl 3: 90-100.