Another name for Tremor is Tremors and Shakes.
What are tremors and shakes?
A person with tremors and shakes has uncontrollable, rhythmic movements of the muscles. Tremors and shakes usually occur in the hands, face, or neck. Common causes of tremors and shakes include anxiety, benign essential tremor, caffeine, and alcohol or drug withdrawal.
What are the symptoms of tremors and shakes?
Symptoms that occur with tremors and shakes include a change in voice, difficulty grasping objects, difficulty sleeping, difficulty walking, head bobbing, poor balance, and poor coordination.
How does the doctor treat tremors and shakes?
Treatment for tremors and shakes depends on the cause. General treatment for tremors and shakes usually includes medication.
Continue to Tremor Symptoms
- Ali S, Khan MA, Khealani B. Limb-shaking Transient Ischemic Attacks: case report and review of literature. BMC Neurol. 2006 Jan 26;6:5. 
- Benito-Leon J, Louis ED, Bermejo-Pareja F; Neurological Disorders in Central Spain Study Group. Elderly-onset essential tremor is associated with dementia. Neurology. 2006 May 23;66(10):1500-5. 
- Chouinard S, Louis ED, Fahn S: Agreement among movement disorder specialists on the clinical diagnosis of essential tremor. Mov Disord 1997 Nov; 12(6): 973-6. 
- Duval C, Norton L. Tremor in patients with migraine. Headache. 2006 Jun;46(6):1005-10. 
- Ferreira J, Sampaio C. Essential tremor. Clin Evid. 2005 Jun;(13):1608-21. 
- Jain S, Lo SE, Louis ED. Common misdiagnosis of a common neurological disorder: how are we misdiagnosing essential tremor? Arch Neurol. 2006 Aug;63(8):1100-4. 
- Louis ED, Ford B, Lee H: Diagnostic criteria for essential tremor: a population perspective. Arch Neurol 1998 Jun; 55(6): 823-8. 
- Louis ED, Vonsattel JP, Honig LS, Ross GW, Lyons KE, Pahwa R. Neuropathologic findings in essential tremor. Neurology. 2006 Jun 13;66(11):1756-9. 
- Wasielewski PG, Burns JM, Koller WC: Pharmacologic treatment of tremor. Mov Disord 1998; 13 Suppl 3: 90-100.