Train Sickness Prevention
Prevention of motion sickness includes:
- Avoid motion that triggers motion sickness.
- While traveling:
- Avoid watching moving objects: look at the horizon or close your eyes.
- Avoid rapid movements of your head.
- Avoid reading.
- Avoid alcohol.
- Avoid caffeine.
- Do not smoke.
- Take a nonprescription medication for motion sickness:
- Take the medication before activities that cause motion sickness.
- When traveling on an airplane, sit near the wing.
- When traveling on a ship, select a cabin in the middle of the vessel.
Continue to Train Sickness Outlook
- Buckey JC, Alvarenga D, Cole B, Rigas JR. Chlorpheniramine for motion sickness. J Vestib Res. 2004;14(1):53-61. 
- Golding JF, Gresty MA. Motion sickness. Curr Opin Neurol. 2005 Feb;18(1):29-34. 
- Miller KE, Muth ER. Efficacy of acupressure and acustimulation bands for the prevention of motion sickness. Aviat Space Environ Med. 2004 Mar;75(3):227-34. 
- Spinks AB, Wasiak J, Villanueva EV, Bernath V. Scopolamine for preventing and treating motion sickness. Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2004;(3):CD002851.