Trachoma Questions For Doctor
The following are some important questions to ask before and after the treatment of chlamydia trachomatis.
Questions to ask before treatment:
- What are my treatment options?
- What are the risks associated with treatment?
- Do I need to stay in the hospital?
- How long will I be in the hospital?
- Am I contagious?
- For how long?
- What are the complications I should watch for?
- How long will I be on medication?
- What are the potential side effects of my medication?
- Does my medication interact with nonprescription medicines or supplements?
- Should I take my medication with food?
Questions to ask after treatment:
- Do I need to change my diet?
- Are there any medications or supplements I should avoid?
- When can I resume my normal activities?
- When can I return to work?
- What else can I do to reduce my risk for having complications?
- How often will I need to see my doctor for checkups?
- What local support and other resources are available?
Continue to Trachoma Specialist
- Cook RL, Hutchison SL, Ostergaard L, Braithwaite RS, Ness RB. Systematic review: noninvasive testing for Chlamydia trachomatis and Neisseria gonorrhoeae. Ann Intern Med. 2005 Jun 7;142(11):914-25. 
- Hwang L, Shafer MA. Chlamydia trachomatis infection in adolescents. Adv Pediatr. 2004;51:379-407. 
- Mabey D, Fraser-Hurt N, Powell C. Antibiotics for trachoma. Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2005 Apr 18;(2):CD001860. 
- Solomon AW, Peeling RW, Foster A, Mabey DC. Diagnosis and assessment of trachoma. Clin Microbiol Rev. 2004 Oct;17(4):982-1011, table of contents.