Prevention of chlamydia trachomatis includes:
- Do not have with multiple sexual partners.
- Do not have with anyone who has oral or genital sores.
- Do not have sex with anyone who has a penile discharge or vaginal discharge.
- Do not use petroleum jelly in the vagina.
- Do not have sex with a partner who has intercourse with others.
- Practice safe sex:
- Use condoms.
- Women should not douche after intercourse.
Continue to Trachoma Outlook
- Cook RL, Hutchison SL, Ostergaard L, Braithwaite RS, Ness RB. Systematic review: noninvasive testing for Chlamydia trachomatis and Neisseria gonorrhoeae. Ann Intern Med. 2005 Jun 7;142(11):914-25. 
- Hwang L, Shafer MA. Chlamydia trachomatis infection in adolescents. Adv Pediatr. 2004;51:379-407. 
- Mabey D, Fraser-Hurt N, Powell C. Antibiotics for trachoma. Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2005 Apr 18;(2):CD001860. 
- Solomon AW, Peeling RW, Foster A, Mabey DC. Diagnosis and assessment of trachoma. Clin Microbiol Rev. 2004 Oct;17(4):982-1011, table of contents.