What to expect with toxoplasmosis:
- Toxoplasmosis rarely causes illness in healthy adults.
- Those with weak immune systems can avoid complications if treatment is started early.
- In infants, treatment may avoid complications of toxoplasmosis.
Continue to Toxoplasmosis Complications
- Jones JL, Lopez A, Wilson M, Schulkin J, Gibbs R. Congenital toxoplasmosis: a review. Obstet Gynecol Surv. 2001 May;56(5):296-305. 
- Montoya JG, Rosso F. Diagnosis and management of toxoplasmosis. Clin Perinatol. 2005 Sep;32(3):705-26. 
- Wallon M, Liou C, Garner P, Peyron F. Congenital toxoplasmosis: systematic review of evidence of efficacy of treatment in pregnancy. BMJ. 1999 Jun 5;318(7197):1511-4.