Toxemia of Pregnancy Questions For Doctor
The following are some important questions to ask before and after the treatment of preeclampsia.
Questions to ask before treatment:
- What are my treatment options?
- Will I need a Cesarean section?
- What are the risks associated with treatment?
- Do I need to stay in the hospital?
- How long will I be in the hospital?
- What are the complications I should watch for?
- How long will I be on medication?
- What are the potential side effects of my medication?
- Does my medication interact with nonprescription medicines or supplements?
- Should I take my medication with food?
Questions to ask after treatment:
- How often should I measure my blood pressure?
- How often should I measure my weight?
- Do I need to change my diet?
- Do I need to lose weight?
- Are there any medications or supplements I should avoid?
- When can I resume my normal activities?
- When can I return to work?
- What else can I do to reduce my risk for having preeclampsia again?
- How often will I need to see my doctor for checkups?
- What local support and other resources are available?
Continue to Toxemia of Pregnancy Specialist
- Bhattacharya S, Campbell DM. The incidence of severe complications of preeclampsia. Hypertens Pregnancy. 2005;24(2):181-90. 
- Conde-Agudelo A, Villar J, Lindheimer M. World Health Organization systematic review of screening tests for preeclampsia. Obstet Gynecol. 2004 Dec;104(6):1367-91. 
- de Jong CL, Dekker GA, Sibai BM. The renin-angiotensin-aldosterone system in preeclampsia. A review. Clin Perinatol. 1991 Dec;18(4):683-711.