Tourette's Syndrome Incidence
Facts about Tourette's syndrome:
- About 1 out of 50 people in the US have Tourette's syndrome.
- Tourette's syndrome usually occurs between the ages of 2 and 15 years.
- In 90% of patients, the diagnosis is made before age 13.
- The disorder is three times more common in boys than girls.
Continue to Tourette's Syndrome Symptoms
- Chang HL, Tu MJ, Wang HS. Tourette's syndrome: psychopathology in adolescents. Psychiatry Clin Neurosci. 2004 Aug;58(4):353-8. 
- Ohta M, Kano Y. Clinical characteristics of adult patients with tics and/or Tourette's syndrome. Brain Dev. 2003 Dec;25 Suppl 1:S32-6. 
- Singer HS. Tourette's syndrome: from behaviour to biology. Lancet Neurol. 2005 Mar;4(3):149-59.