Tonsillitis due to Strep Questions For Doctor
The following are some important questions to ask before and after the treatment of streptococcal tonsillitis.
Questions to ask before treatment:
- What are my treatment options?
- Is surgery an option for me?
- What are the risks associated with treatment?
- Do I need to stay in the hospital?
- How long will I be in the hospital?
- Am I contagious?
- For how long?
- What are the complications I should watch for?
- How do I avoid passing the infection to others?
- How long will I be on medication?
- What are the potential side effects of my medication?
- Does my medication interact with nonprescription medicines or supplements?
- Should I take my medication with food?
Questions to ask after treatment:
- Do I need to change my diet?
- When can I resume my normal activities?
- When can I return to work?
- What else can I do to reduce my risk for having tonsillitis again?
- How often will I need to see my doctor for checkups?
- What local support and other resources are available?
Continue to Tonsillitis due to Strep Specialist
- Brook I, Dohar JE. Management of group A beta-hemolytic streptococcal pharyngotonsillitis in children. J Fam Pract. 2006 Dec;55(12):S1-11; quiz S12. 
- Cohen R. Defining the optimum treatment regimen for azithromycin in acute tonsillopharyngitis. Pediatr Infect Dis J. 2004 Feb;23(2 Suppl):S129-34. 
- Tewfik TL, Al Garni M. Tonsillopharyngitis: clinical highlights. J Otolaryngol. 2005 Jun;34 Suppl 1:S45-9.