Overview Incidence Risk Factors Symptoms Evaluation Treatment questions for doctor specialist Home Care pain in adults pain in children sore throat adults sore throat children vomiting adults vomiting children warning signs Prevention Outlook Complications Underlying Cause Anatomy
Tonsillitis due to Strep Sore Throat Children
- Avoid citrus juice.
- Avoid hot and spicy foods.
- Avoid exposure to secondary smoke
- Drink plenty of fluids.
- Get plenty of rest.
- Numb the throat pain with throat spray or lozenges.
- Perform warm salt water gargles several times a day. Mix 1/2 teaspoon (92.5 ml) salt per cup (240 cc) of water.
- Place a vaporizer or nebulizer in the bedroom at night.
- Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory medications for pain:
- Acetaminophen for pain
Continue to Tonsillitis due to Strep Vomiting Adults
PubMed Tonsillitis due to Strep References
- Brook I, Dohar JE. Management of group A beta-hemolytic streptococcal pharyngotonsillitis in children. J Fam Pract. 2006 Dec;55(12):S1-11; quiz S12. 
- Cohen R. Defining the optimum treatment regimen for azithromycin in acute tonsillopharyngitis. Pediatr Infect Dis J. 2004 Feb;23(2 Suppl):S129-34. 
- Tewfik TL, Al Garni M. Tonsillopharyngitis: clinical highlights. J Otolaryngol. 2005 Jun;34 Suppl 1:S45-9.