Tongue Ulcer Outlook
What to expect with mouth ulcers:
- Mouth ulcers due to Herpes are recurrent, but episodes resolve with age.
- Mouth ulcers from other causes almost always resolve with treatment.
Continue to Tongue Ulcer Complications
- Bruce AJ, Rogers RS 3rd. Acute oral ulcers. Dermatol Clin. 2003 Jan;21(1):1-15. 
- Femiano F, Lanza A, Buonaiuto C, Gombos F, Nunziata M, Piccolo S, Cirillo N. Guidelines for diagnosis and management of aphthous stomatitis. Pediatr Infect Dis J. 2007 Aug;26(8):728-32. 
- Porter SR, Leao JC. Review article: oral ulcers and its relevance to systemic disorders. Aliment Pharmacol Ther. 2005 Feb 15;21(4):295-306. 
- Teo J, Codarini M. Fevers and mouth ulcers. J Paediatr Child Health. 2001 Oct;37(5):507-9.