Toenail Pain after Injury Questions For Doctor
The following are some important questions to ask before and after the treatment of toenail injury.
Questions to ask before treatment:
- What are my treatment options?
- Does my toenail need to be removed?
- What are the risks associated with treatment?
- What are the complications I should watch for?
- How long will I be on medication?
- What are the potential side effects of my medication?
- Does my medication interact with nonprescription medicines or supplements?
- Should I take my medication with food?
Questions to ask after treatment:
- Will I lose my toenail?
- Are there any medications or supplements I should avoid?
- When can I resume my normal activities?
- When can I return to work?
- Do I need a special exercise program?
- Will I need physical therapy?
- What else can I do to reduce my risk for another toenail injury?
- Will I need to see my doctor for a checkup?
Continue to Toenail Pain after Injury Home Care
- Adams BB. Jogger's toenail. J Am Acad Dermatol. 2003 May;48(5 Suppl):S58-9. 
- Hsieh SC, Chen SL, Chen TM, Cheng TY, Wang HJ. Thin split-thickness toenail bed grafts for avulsed nail bed defects. Ann Plast Surg. 2004 Apr;52(4):375-9. 
- Scher RK. Toenail disorders. Clin Dermatol. 1983 Jul-Sep;1(1):114-24.