Toe Fungus Prevention
Prevention of tinea pedis includes:
- Avoid close contact with those who have tinea pedis.
- Keep your skin clean and dry:
- Change socks twice a day.
- Do not use steroid creams for a rash on the feet.
- Do not wear someone else's socks or shoes.
- Wash sandals and tennis shoes in hot water.
- Wear absorbent cotton socks.
- Wear sandals in community shower areas.
- Wear shoes that are well ventilated.
- Clean your shower area with strong disinfectant cleaner.
Continue to Toe Fungus Outlook
- Evans EG. Tinea pedis: clinical experience and efficacy of short treatment. Dermatology. 1997;194 Suppl 1:3-6. 
- Gupta AK, Chow M, Daniel CR, Aly R. Treatments of tinea pedis. Dermatol Clin. 2003 Jul;21(3):431-62. 
- Rad MM, Jackson C, Barton RC, Evans EG. Single strains of Trichophyton rubrum in cases of tinea pedis. J Med Microbiol. 2005 Aug;54(Pt 8):725-6.