Toe Fungus Home Care
Home care for tinea pedis includes:
- Avoid scratching the rash:
- This may make the infection worse.
- Keep the skin clean and dry:
- Avoid activities that make your feet sweat.
- Wear open sandals in warm weather, in order to keep feet dry.
- Bath once a day:
- Dry the skin thoroughly after bathing.
- Wear socks while wearing closed-toe shoes:
- Socks and tennis shoes should be washed in hot soapy water.
- Topical antifungal cream or lotion:
- Take oral antihistamines for itching:
- Take prescribed medications as directed:
Toe Fungus Warning Signs
Notify your doctor if you have tinea pedis and any of the following:
Continue to Toe Fungus Prevention
- Evans EG. Tinea pedis: clinical experience and efficacy of short treatment. Dermatology. 1997;194 Suppl 1:3-6. 
- Gupta AK, Chow M, Daniel CR, Aly R. Treatments of tinea pedis. Dermatol Clin. 2003 Jul;21(3):431-62. 
- Rad MM, Jackson C, Barton RC, Evans EG. Single strains of Trichophyton rubrum in cases of tinea pedis. J Med Microbiol. 2005 Aug;54(Pt 8):725-6.