Toe Bunion Questions For Doctor
The following are some important questions to ask before and after the treatment of a bunion.
Questions to ask before treatment:
- What are my treatment options?
- Is surgery an option for me?
- What are the risks associated with treatment?
- What are the complications I should watch for?
- How long will I be on medication?
- What are the potential side effects of my medication?
- Does my medication interact with nonprescription medicines or supplements?
- Should I take my medication with food?
Questions to ask after treatment:
- Are there any medications or supplements I should avoid?
- Do I need to change my diet?
- How often will I need to see my doctor for checkups?
- What local support and other resources are available?
Continue to Toe Bunion Specialist
- Ferrari J, Higgins JP, Prior TD. Interventions for treating hallux valgus (abductovalgus) and bunions. Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2004;(1):CD000964. 
- Ferrari J. Bunions. Clin Evid. 2004 Jun;(11):1404-16. 
- Robinson AH, Limbers JP. Modern concepts in the treatment of hallux valgus. J Bone Joint Surg Br. 2005 Aug;87(8):1038-45. 
- Trnka HJ. Osteotomies for hallux valgus correction. Foot Ankle Clin. 2005 Mar;10(1):15-33.