Tinea Scalp Incidence
Facts about tinea capitis:
- The incidence of tinea capitis is unknown.
- Tinea capitis is more common in warm climates.
- Tinea capitis is the most common fungal infection in children.
Continue to Tinea Scalp Risk Factors
- Chan YC, Friedlander SF. New treatments for tinea capitis. Curr Opin Infect Dis. 2004 Apr;17(2):97-103. 
- Roberts BJ, Friedlander SF. Tinea capitis: a treatment update. Pediatr Ann. 2005 Mar;34(3):191-200. 
- Schauder S. Itraconazole in the treatment of tinea capitis in children. Case reports with long-term follow-up evaluation. Review of the literature. Mycoses. 2002 Feb;45(1-2):1-9.