Tinea Groin Home Care
Home care for tinea cruris includes:
- Avoid scratching the rash:
- This may make the infection worse.
- Keep the skin clean and dry:
- Avoid activities that make you sweat.
- Bath once a day:
- Dry the skin thoroughly after bathing.
- Clean clothes in hot soapy water.
- Topical antifungal cream or lotion:
- Take oral antihistamines for itching:
- Take prescribed medications as directed:
Tinea Groin Warning Signs
Notify your doctor if you have tinea cruris and any of the following:
Continue to Tinea Groin Prevention
- Budimulja U, Bramono K, Urip KS, Basuki S, Widodo G, Rapatz G, Paul C. Once daily treatment with terbinafine 1% cream (Lamisil) for one week is effective in the treatment of tinea corporis and cruris. A placebo-controlled study. Mycoses. 2001;44(7-8):300-6. 
- Gupta AK, Chaudhry M, Elewski B. Tinea corporis, tinea cruris, tinea nigra, and piedra. Dermatol Clin. 2003 Jul;21(3):395-400, v. 
- Sanmano B, Hiruma M, Mizoguchi M, Ogawa H. Abbreviated oral itraconazole therapy for tinea corporis and tinea cruris. Mycoses. 2003 Sep;46(8):316-21. 
- Stary A, Sarnow E. Fluconazole in the treatment of tinea corporis and tinea cruris. Dermatology. 1998;196(2):237-41.