Tinea Capitis Prevention
Prevention of tinea capitis includes:
- Avoid close contact with those who have tinea capitis.
- Keep your skin clean and dry:
- Bathe after physical exertion and sweating.
- Good personal hygiene
- Wash personal items regularly:
- Do not share personal care items:
- Wash your hands frequently.
Continue to Tinea Capitis Outlook
- Chan YC, Friedlander SF. New treatments for tinea capitis. Curr Opin Infect Dis. 2004 Apr;17(2):97-103. 
- Roberts BJ, Friedlander SF. Tinea capitis: a treatment update. Pediatr Ann. 2005 Mar;34(3):191-200. 
- Schauder S. Itraconazole in the treatment of tinea capitis in children. Case reports with long-term follow-up evaluation. Review of the literature. Mycoses. 2002 Feb;45(1-2):1-9.