Tight Foreskin Incidence
Facts about phimosis:
- Phimosis is more common during infancy and adolescence.
- Only about 1 percent of males over the age of 16 develop phimosis.
Continue to Tight Foreskin Risk Factors
- Ashfield JE, Nickel KR, Siemens DR, MacNeily AE, Nickel JC. Treatment of phimosis with topical steroids in 194 children. J Urol. 2003 Mar;169(3):1106-8. 
- Blalock HJ, Vemulakonda V, Ritchey ML, Ribbeck M. Outpatient management of phimosis following newborn circumcision. J Urol. 2003 Jun;169(6):2332-4. 
- Shankar KR, Rickwood AM. The incidence of phimosis in boys. BJU Int. 1999 Jul;84(1):101-2. 
- Van Howe RS. Cost-effective treatment of phimosis. Pediatrics. 1998 Oct;102(4):E43.