Overview Incidence Symptoms tick paralysis Treatment questions for doctor Home Care tick removal warning signs Prevention Outlook Complications Underlying Cause
Tick Bite Incidence
Facts about tick bite:
- Tick bites are very common.
- Transmission of infection from a tick bite is very rare.
Continue to Tick Bite Symptoms
PubMed Tick Bite References
- Berger BW, Johnson RC, Kodner C, Coleman L. Cultivation of Borrelia burgdorferi from human tick bite sites: a guide to the risk of infection. J Am Acad Dermatol. 1995 Feb;32(2 Pt 1):184-7. 
- Jensenius M, Fournier PE, Kelly P, Myrvang B, Raoult D. African tick bite fever. Lancet Infect Dis. 2003 Sep;3(9):557-64. Review. 
- Middleton DB. Tick-borne infections. What starts as a tiny bite may have a serious outcome. Postgrad Med. 1994 Apr;95(5):131-9. 
- Smith-Fiola DC, Hallman WK. Tick bite victims and their environment: the risk of Lyme disease. N J Med. 1995 Sep;92(9):601-3.