Overview Incidence Risk Factors diseases lifestyle Symptoms Evaluation Treatment questions for doctor specialist surgery Home Care diet taking control warning signs Prevention diet Outlook Complications Underlying Cause Anatomy
Facts about TIA:
- About 3 out of 10,000 people in the US develop a transient ischemic attack each year in the US.
- Most transient ischemic attacks occur in people who are over 70 years old.
Continue to TIA Risk Factors
PubMed TIA References
- Dijk JM, van der Graaf Y, Grobbee DE, Bots ML; SMART Study Group. Carotid stiffness indicates risk of ischemic stroke and TIA in patients with internal carotid artery stenosis: the SMART study. Stroke. 2004 Oct;35(10):2258-62. 
- Puranen J, Laakso M, Riekkinen P Sr, Sivenius J. Risk factors and antiplatelet therapy in TIA and stroke patients. J Neurol Sci. 1998 Feb 5;154(2):200-4. 
- Rothwell PM. Incidence, risk factors and prognosis of stroke and TIA: the need for high-quality, large-scale epidemiological studies and meta-analyses. Cerebrovasc Dis. 2003;16 Suppl 3:2-10.