Thyroid Gland Underactive Incidence
Facts about hypothyroidism:
- The onset of hypothyroidism tends to occur in middle age.
- About 1 out of 500 people in the US have hypothyroidism.
- Hypothyroidism is more common in women than men.
Continue to Thyroid Gland Underactive Risk Factors
- Escobar-Morreale HF, Botella-Carretero JI, Escobar del Rey F, Morreale de Escobar G. REVIEW: Treatment of hypothyroidism with combinations of levothyroxine plus liothyronine. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2005 Aug;90(8):4946-54. 
- Rovet J, Daneman D. Congenital hypothyroidism: a review of current diagnostic and treatment practices in relation to neuropsychologic outcome. Paediatr Drugs. 2003;5(3):141-9. 
- Simon NM, Blacker D, Korbly NB, Sharma SG, Worthington JJ, Otto MW, Pollack MH. Hypothyroidism and hyperthyroidism in anxiety disorders revisited: new data and literature review. J Affect Disord. 2002 May;69(1-3):209-17.