Thrombotic Thrombocytopenic Purpura Evaluation
- A rash that looks like tiny bruises
- A rash that looks like broken blood vessels in the skin
- Pale skin
- Confusion or unresponsiveness
- Signs of anemia:
The diagnosis of thrombotic thrombocytopenic purpura must be confirmed through testing.
Tests that may be used to evaluate thrombotic thrombocytopenic purpura may include:
Continue to Thrombotic Thrombocytopenic Purpura Treatment
- Cataland SR, Wu HM. Immunotherapy for thrombotic thrombocytopenic purpura. Curr Opin Hematol. 2005 Sep;12(5):359-63. 
- McCarthy LJ, Dlott JS, Orazi A, Waxman D, Miraglia CC, Danielson CF. Thrombotic thrombocytopenic purpura: yesterday, today, tomorrow. Ther Apher Dial. 2004 Apr;8(2):80-6. 
- Sadler JE, Moake JL, Miyata T, George JN. Recent advances in thrombotic thrombocytopenic purpura. Hematology (Am Soc Hematol Educ Program). 2004;:407-23. 
- Tsai HM. Molecular mechanisms in thrombotic thrombocytopenic purpura. Semin Thromb Hemost. 2004 Oct;30(5):549-57.