Throat Hurts Prevention
Prevention of a sore throat include:
- Wash your hands frequently.
- Avoid exposure to others who have a sore throat.
- Avoid crowded areas during cold and flu season.
- Do not smoke.
- Avoid exposure to secondary smoke.
- Keep vaccinations up to date:
Continue to Throat Hurts Underlying Cause
- Cooper RJ, Hoffman JR, Bartlett JG, Besser RE, Gonzales R, Hickner JM, Sande MA; American Academy of Family Physicians; American College of Physicians-American Society of Internal Medicine; Centers for Disease Control. Principles of appropriate antibiotic use for acute pharyngitis in adults: background. Ann Intern Med. 2001 Mar 20;134(6):509-17. 
- Del Mar CB, Glasziou PP, Spinks AB. Antibiotics for sore throat. Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2004;(2):CD000023. 
- McIsaac WJ, Goel V, To T, Low DE. The validity of a sore throat score in family practice. CMAJ. 2000 Oct 3;163(7):811-5.