Thoracic Aneurysm Dissection Underlying Cause
A dissecting thoracic aneurysm is caused by weakening of the wall of the aorta. The inner wall separates from the outer layers, and blood fills the space between them. Over time, the wall becomes too weak and can burst.
Continue to Thoracic Aneurysm Dissection Types
- Aziz S, Ramsdale DR. Acute dissection of the thoracic aorta. Hosp Med. 2004 Mar;65(3):136-42. 
- Chiles C, Carr JJ. Vascular diseases of the thorax: evaluation with multidetector CT. Radiol Clin North Am. 2005 May;43(3):543-69, viii. 
- Elefteriades JA. Perspectives on diseases of the thoracic aorta. Adv Cardiol. 2004;41:75-86. 
- Rogers RL, McCormack R. Aortic disasters. Emerg Med Clin North Am. 2004 Nov;22(4):887-908. 
- Teece S, Hogg K. Best evidence topic report. Peripheral pulses to exclude thoracic aortic dissection. Emerg Med J. 2004 Sep;21(5):589.