Testicular Torsion Questions For Doctor
The following are some important questions to ask before and after the treatment of testicular torsion.
Questions to ask before treatment:
- What are my treatment options?
- Is surgery an option for me?
- What are the risks associated with treatment?
- Do I need to stay in the hospital?
- How long will I be in the hospital?
- What are the complications I should watch for?
- How long will I be on medication?
- What are the potential side effects of my medication?
- Does my medication interact with nonprescription medicines or supplements?
- Should I take my medication with food?
Questions to ask after treatment:
- Are there any medications or supplements I should avoid?
- When can I resume my normal activities?
- When can I return to work?
- What else can I do to reduce my risk for having testicular torsion again?
- How often will I need to see my doctor for checkups?
- What local support and other resources are available?
Continue to Testicular Torsion Specialist
- Eaton SH, Cendron MA, Estrada CR, Bauer SB, Borer JG, Cilento BG, Diamond DA, Retik AB, Peters CA. Intermittent testicular torsion: diagnostic features and management outcomes. J Urol. 2005 Oct;174(4 Pt 2):1532-5. 
- Kadish HA, Bolte RG. A retrospective review of pediatric patients with epididymitis, testicular torsion, and torsion of testicular appendages. Pediatrics. 1998 Jul;102(1 Pt 1):73-6. 
- Kapasi Z, Halliday S. Best evidence topic report. Ultrasound in the diagnosis of testicular torsion. Emerg Med J. 2005 Aug;22(8):559-60. 
- Shergill IS, Foley CL, Arya M, Bott SR, Mundy AR. Testicular torsion unravelled. Hosp Med. 2002 Aug;63(8):456-9.