Testicular Torsion Outlook
What to expect with testicular torsion:
- Without treatment, testicular function is permanently lost if the torsion has been present for 24 hours.
- Testicular torsion must be treated immediately in order to preserve function of the testicle.
- Usually, the function of the testicle is preserved if the torsion is treated within 6 hours.
Continue to Testicular Torsion Complications
- Eaton SH, Cendron MA, Estrada CR, Bauer SB, Borer JG, Cilento BG, Diamond DA, Retik AB, Peters CA. Intermittent testicular torsion: diagnostic features and management outcomes. J Urol. 2005 Oct;174(4 Pt 2):1532-5. 
- Kadish HA, Bolte RG. A retrospective review of pediatric patients with epididymitis, testicular torsion, and torsion of testicular appendages. Pediatrics. 1998 Jul;102(1 Pt 1):73-6. 
- Kapasi Z, Halliday S. Best evidence topic report. Ultrasound in the diagnosis of testicular torsion. Emerg Med J. 2005 Aug;22(8):559-60. 
- Shergill IS, Foley CL, Arya M, Bott SR, Mundy AR. Testicular torsion unravelled. Hosp Med. 2002 Aug;63(8):456-9.