Tendonitis of the Knee Questions For Doctor
The following are some important questions to ask before and after treatment for knee tendinitis.
Questions to ask before treatment:
- What are my treatment options?
- What are the risks associated with treatment?
- What are the complications I should watch for?
- How long will I be on medication?
- What are the potential side effects of my medication?
- Does my medication interact with nonprescription medicines or supplements?
- Should I take my medication with food?
Questions to ask after treatment:
- Do I need to change my diet?
- Do I need to lose weight?
- Are there any medications or supplements I should avoid?
- When can I resume my normal activities?
- When can I return to work?
- Do I need a special exercise program?
- Will I need physical therapy?
- How often will I need to see my doctor for checkups?
- What local support and other resources are available?
Continue to Tendonitis of the Knee Specialist
- Bailey MP, Maillardet FJ, Messenger N. Kinematics of cycling in relation to anterior knee pain and patellar tendinitis. J Sports Sci. 2003 Aug;21(8):649-57. 
- Bennett R. Addressing musculoskeletal pain. Geriatrics. 2004 Aug;59(8):11-2. 
- Richards DP, Ajemian SV, Wiley JP, Zernicke RF. Knee joint dynamics predict patellar tendinitis in elite volleyball players. Am J Sports Med. 1996 Sep-Oct;24(5):676-83.