Overview Incidence Risk Factors Symptoms Evaluation Treatment questions for doctor specialist Home Care exercises pain and inflammation taking control warning signs Prevention Outlook Complications Underlying Cause Anatomy
Tendinitis Rotator Cuff Evaluation
- Inability to move the shoulder
- Pain during movement of the shoulder
- Shoulder swelling
- Tenderness of the shoulder
Tests are not necessary to make the diagnosis of rotator cuff tendinitis.
Tests that may be used to evaluate rotator cuff tendinitis include:
Continue to Tendinitis Rotator Cuff Treatment
PubMed Tendinitis Rotator Cuff References
- Hurt G, Baker CL Jr. Calcific tendinitis of the shoulder. Orthop Clin North Am. 2003 Oct;34(4):567-75. 
- Ishii H, Brunet JA, Welsh RP, Uhthoff HK. Bursal reactions in rotator cuff tearing, the impingement syndrome, and calcifying tendinitis. J Shoulder Elbow Surg. 1997 Mar-Apr;6(2):131-6. 
- Razavi M, Jansen GB. Effects of acupuncture and placebo TENS in addition to exercise in treatment of rotator cuff tendinitis. Clin Rehabil. 2004 Dec;18(8):872-8.