Tendinitis Bicep Questions For Doctor
The following are some important questions to ask before and after the treatment of shoulder tendinitis.
Questions to ask before treatment:
- What are my treatment options?
- What are the risks associated with treatment?
- What are the complications I should watch for?
- How long will I be on medication?
- What are the potential side effects of my medication?
- Does my medication interact with nonprescription medicines or supplements?
- Should I take my medication with food?
Questions to ask after treatment:
- Do I need to change my diet?
- Are there any medications or supplements I should avoid?
- When can I resume my normal activities?
- When can I return to work?
- Do I need a special exercise program?
- Will I need physical therapy?
- Will I need occupational therapy?
- What else can I do to reduce my risk for having shoulder tendinitis again?
- How often will I need to see my doctor for checkups?
- What local support and other resources are available?
Continue to Tendinitis Bicep Specialist
- Cobiella CE. Shoulder pain in sports. Hosp Med. 2004 Nov;65(11):652-6. 
- Ebenbichler GR, Erdogmus CB, Resch KL, et al. Ultrasound therapy for calcific tendinitis of the shoulder. N Engl J Med. 1999 May 20;340(20):1533-8. 
- Hanchard NC, Howe TE, Gilbert MM. Diagnosis of shoulder pain by history and selective tissue tension: agreement between assessors. J Orthop Sports Phys Ther. 2005 Mar;35(3):147-53. 
- Hurt G, Baker CL Jr. Calcific tendinitis of the shoulder. Orthop Clin North Am. 2003 Oct;34(4):567-75. 
- Rochwerger A, Franceschi JP, Viton JM, Roux H, Mattei JP. Surgical management of calcific tendinitis of the shoulder: an analysis of 26 cases. Clin Rheumatol. 1999;18(4):313-6.