Tay-Sachs Disease Outlook
What to expect with Tay-Sachs disease:
- Symptoms of infants with Tay-Sachs disease are noticeable at about 4 to 8 months of age.
- Children with Tay-Sachs disease usually die before they reach 4 years old.
Continue to Tay-Sachs Disease Underlying Cause
- Gason AA, Sheffield E, Bankier A, Aitken MA, Metcalfe S, Barlow Stewart K, Delatycki MB. Evaluation of a Tay-Sachs disease screening program. Clin Genet. 2003 May;63(5):386-92. 
- Kaplan F. Tay-Sachs disease carrier screening: a model for prevention of genetic disease. Genet Test. 1998;2(4):271-92. 
- Mugikura S, Takahashi S, Higano S, Kurihara N, Kon K, Sakamoto K. MR findings in Tay-Sachs disease. J Comput Assist Tomogr. 1996 Jul-Aug;20(4):551-5. 
- Sutton VR. Tay-Sachs disease screening and counseling families at risk for metabolic disease. Obstet Gynecol Clin North Am. 2002 Jun;29(2):287-96.