Takayasu's Arteritis Questions For Doctor
The following are some important questions to ask before and after the treatment of Takayasu's arteritis
Questions to ask before treatment:
- What are my treatment options?
- Is surgery an option for me?
- What are the risks associated with treatment?
- Do I need to stay in the hospital?
- How long will I be in the hospital?
- What are the complications I should watch for?
- How long will I be on medication?
- What are the potential side effects of my medication?
- Does my medication interact with nonprescription medicines or supplements?
- Should I take my medication with food?
Questions to ask after treatment:
- Do I need to change my diet?
- Do I need to lose weight?
- Are there any medications or supplements I should avoid?
- When can I resume my normal activities?
- When can I return to work?
- Do I need a special exercise program?
- How often will I need to see my doctor for checkups?
- What local support and other resources are available?
Continue to Takayasu's Arteritis Complications
- Andrews J, Mason JC. Takayasu's arteritis--recent advances in imaging offer promise. Rheumatology (Oxford). 2007 Jan;46(1):6-15. Epub 2006 Oct 13. 
- Maffei S, Di Renzo M, Bova G, Auteri A, Pasqui AL. Takayasu's arteritis: a review of the literature. Intern Emerg Med. 2006;1(2):105-12. 
- Rav-Acha M, Plot L, Peled N, Amital H. Coronary involvement in Takayasu's arteritis. Autoimmun Rev. 2007 Sep;6(8):566-71. Epub 2007 May 21.