Systemic Sclerosis Questions For Doctor
The following are some important questions to ask before and after the treatment of scleroderma.
Questions to ask before treatment:
- What are my treatment options?
- Is surgery an option for me?
- What are the risks associated with treatment?
- What are the complications I should watch for?
- How long will I be on medication?
- What are the potential side effects of my medication?
- Does my medication interact with nonprescription medicines or supplements?
- Should I take my medication with food?
Questions to ask after treatment:
- Do I need to change my diet?
- Do I need to lose weight?
- Are there any medications or supplements I should avoid?
- When can I resume my normal activities?
- When can I return to work?
- Do I need a special exercise program?
- Will I need physical therapy?
- Will I need occupational therapy?
- What else can I do to reduce my risk for having this problem again?
- How often will I need to see my doctor for checkups?
- What local support and other resources are available?
Continue to Systemic Sclerosis Specialist
- Bottoni CR, Reinker KA, Gardner RD, Person DA. Scleroderma in childhood: a 35-year history of cases and review of the literature. J Pediatr Orthop. 2000 Jul-Aug;20(4):442-9. 
- Haustein UF. Systemic sclerosis-scleroderma. Dermatol Online J. 2002 Jun;8(1):3. 
- Zulian F. Scleroderma in children. Pediatr Clin North Am. 2005 Apr;52(2):521-45, vii. 
- Zulian F. Systemic manifestations in localized scleroderma. Curr Rheumatol Rep. 2004 Dec;6(6):417-24.