Swollen Legs (both legs) Drugs
Diuretics are the most common medications used for the treatment of leg swelling. They stimulate the kidney to remove excess fluid from the body.
Common diuretic medications used to treat leg swelling include:
Continue to Swollen Legs (both legs) Specialist
- Blankfield RP, Finkelhor RS, Alexander JJ, Flocke SA, Maiocco J, Goodwin M, Zyzanski SJ. Etiology and diagnosis of bilateral leg edema in primary care. Am J Med. 1998 Sep;105(3):192-7. 
- Blankfield RP, Zyzanski SJ. Bilateral leg edema, pulmonary hypertension, and obstructive sleep apnea: a cross-sectional study. J Fam Pract. 2002 Jun;51(6):561-4. 
- Ely JW, Osheroff JA, Chambliss ML, Ebell MH. Approach to leg edema of unclear etiology. J Am Board Fam Med. 2006 Mar-Apr;19(2):148-60. 
- O'Brien JG, Chennubhotla SA, Chennubhotla RV. Treatment of edema. Am Fam Physician. 2005 Jun 1;71(11):2111-7. 
- Partsch H, Winiger J, Lun B. Compression stockings reduce occupational leg swelling. Dermatol Surg. 2004 May;30(5):737-43.