Swollen Bursa Evaluation
- Swelling and tenderness overlying a joint or bony prominence
The diagnosis of bursitis can usually be made without testing. Tests may be performed in order to look for additional problems.
Tests that may be used to evaluate bursitis include:
For more information:
Swollen Bursa Similar Conditions
Conditions that cause symptoms similar to bursitis include:
Continue to Swollen Bursa Treatment
- Bennett R. Addressing musculoskeletal pain. Geriatrics. 2004 Aug;59(8):11-2. 
- Gutierrez G, Burroughs M, Poddar S. Clinical inquiries. Does injection of steroids and lidocaine in the shoulder relieve bursitis? J Fam Pract. 2004 Jun;53(6):488-92. 
- Shbeeb MI, Matteson EL: Trochanteric bursitis (greater trochanter pain syndrome). Mayo Clin Proc 1996 Jun; 71(6): 565-9. 
- Zimmermann B 3rd, Mikolich DJ, Ho G Jr: Septic bursitis. Semin Arthritis Rheum 1995 Jun; 24(6): 391-410.