Swimmer's Itch Questions For Doctor
The following are some important questions to ask before and after the treatment of swimmer's itch.
Questions to ask before treatment:
- What are the complications I should watch for?
- How long will I be on medication?
- What are the potential side effects of my medication?
- Does my medication interact with nonprescription medicines or supplements?
- Should I take my medication with food?
Questions to ask after treatment:
- Are there any medications or supplements I should avoid?
- What else can I do to reduce my risk for swimmer's itch?
- Will I need to see my doctor for a checkup?
Continue to Swimmer's Itch Home Care
- Verbrugge LM, Rainey JJ, Reimink RL, Blankespoor HD. Prospective study of swimmer's itch incidence and severity. J Parasitol. 2004 Aug;90(4):697-704. 
- Verbrugge LM, Rainey JJ, Reimink RL, Blankespoor HD. Swimmer's itch: incidence and risk factors. Am J Public Health. 2004 May;94(5):738-41.