Swelling of the Testicle Overview
Another name for Swelling of the Testicle is Testicular Lump or Swelling.
What is a testicular lump or swelling?
A male with a testicular lump or swelling has an enlarged testicle or an abnormal growth on the testicle. Causes of testicular lump or swelling include orchitis, testicular torsion, testicular cancer, or a testicular injury. Causes of swelling next to the testicle include epididymitis, a hydrocele, a varicocele, or an inguinal hernia.
What are the symptoms of a testicular lump or swelling?
Symptoms of a testicular lump or swelling may include scrotal swelling, a mass in the scrotum, testicular pain, testicular swelling, testicular tenderness, or swollen glands in the groin.
How does the doctor a treat testicular lump or swelling?
The treatment for a testicular lump or swelling depends on the cause. Treatment for a testicular lump or swelling may include rest, scrotal support, cold or warm compresses, antibiotics, surgery, or nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory medications for pain.
Continue to Swelling of the Testicle Symptoms
- Abul F, Al-Sayer H, Arun N. The acute scrotum: a review of 40 cases. Med Princ Pract. 2005 May-Jun;14(3):177-81. 
- Assaf GJ. Non-palpable testicular lesion: the case for testicular preservation. Can J Urol. 2006 Apr;13(2):3034-8. 
- Beddy P, Geoghegan T, Browne RF, Torreggiani WC. Testicular varicoceles. Clin Radiol. 2005 Dec;60(12):1248-55. [16291306 ]
- Buckley JC, McAninch JW. Use of ultrasonography for the diagnosis of testicular injuries in blunt scrotal trauma. J Urol. 2006 Jan;175(1):175-8. 
- Eaton SH, Cendron MA, Estrada CR, Bauer SB, Borer JG, Cilento BG, Diamond DA, Retik AB, Peters CA. Intermittent testicular torsion: diagnostic features and management outcomes. J Urol. 2005 Oct;174(4 Pt 2):1532-5; discussion 1535. 
- Shabbir M, Morgan RJ. Testicular cancer. J R Soc Health. 2004 Sep;124(5):217-8. 
- Williams DH, Karpman E, Lipshultz LI. Varicocele: surgical techniques in 2005. Can J Urol. 2006 Feb;13 Suppl 1:13-7.