Swelling of the Lip Home Care
- Apply cold compresses:
- Apply for 20-30 minutes, every 1-2 hours, for the first day.
- Take oral antihistamines for swelling:
- Take prescribed medications as directed:
For more information:
Swelling of the Lip Warning Signs
Notify your doctor if you have lip swelling and any of the following:
Continue to Swelling of the Lip Underlying Cause
- Cohen EG, Soliman AM. Changing trends in angioedema. Ann Otol Rhinol Laryngol. 2001 Aug;110(8):701-6. 
- Khanna G, Sato Y, Smith RJ, Bauman NM, Nerad J. Causes of facial swelling in pediatric patients: correlation of clinical and radiologic findings. Radiographics. 2006 Jan-Feb;26(1):157-71. 
- O'Brien JG, Chennubhotla SA, Chennubhotla RV. Treatment of edema. Am Fam Physician. 2005 Jun 1;71(11):2111-7.