Swelling of One Arm Treatment
- Low salt diet.
- Fluid restriction:
- As directed by your doctor
- Elevate the arm or hand:
- Above the heart if possible.
- Diuretic medication:
- Remove excess fluid from the body
For more information:
Swelling of One Arm Drugs
Diuretic medications are the most common drugs used to treat swelling. Diuretic medications cause the kidney to release more sodium and water into the urine. Diuretics are used to treat high blood pressure, kidney disease, liver disease and congestive heart failure.
Swelling of One Arm Specialist
Continue to Swelling of One Arm Home Care
- Bernardi E, Piccioli A, Marchiori A, Girolami B, Prandoni P. Upper extremity deep vein thrombosis: risk factors, diagnosis, and management. Semin Vasc Med. 2001;1(1):105-10. 
- Cunningham JD, Silver L, Rudikoff D. Necrotizing fasciitis: a plea for early diagnosis and treatment. Mt Sinai J Med. 2001 Sep-Oct;68(4-5):253-61. 
- Garnett WR. GI effects of OTC analgesics: implications for product selection. J Am Pharm Assoc (Wash). 1996 Sep;NS36(9):565-72. 
- Sanders RJ, Hammond SL, Rao NM. Diagnosis of thoracic outlet syndrome. J Vasc Surg. 2007 Sep;46(3):601-4. 
- Stanton AW, Badger C, Sitzia J.Non-invasive assessment of the lymphedematous limb. Lymphology. 2000 Sep;33(3):122-35. 
- Wainstein JL, Nailor TE. Tendinitis and tendinosis of the elbow, wrist, and hands. Clin Occup Environ Med. 2006;5(2):299-322, vii.